Friday, September 19, 2008

Behind Door Number 1......

Time to unveil the Kaleidoscope Kids at http://www.kaleidoscopekorner.etsy.com/ First thing that pops into my head when I think "unveil" is the 70s game show "Lets Make A Deal"...behind door number 1, 2 or 3??? So, are you ready to start playing?







Kaleidoscope Kids evolved while at a visit to the local craft store with my mom and my 4yo daughter, Renee. We came across these little wooden doll face beads...honestly a lightbulb went off in my head. Locally women are carrying these keychains with painted wooden beads on grossgrain ribbon and paying a good chunk of cash, if I do say so myself;). I thought instantly, wouldn't a personalized doll be cute? So, we bought up a pkg and headed home.

Two days later Renee and I were sitting at the table crafting...she likes to string beads when Im doing my jewelry. She asked to use the wooden doll beads so, we got them out. I couldn't resist playing with one too. I started beading and doing what I had in my mind. I looked over at what she had made...she had taken a plastic heart button and then a doll face bead and then stacked beads on top of that...the little doll face on top of the heart struck me as a lil person with feet...tada!! There it began! Kaleidoscope Kids!!
Id like to introduce you to...
Lizzie...First creation…named for Renee Elizabeth(my daughter of course!)…ballerina, sweet, eats her green beans but, loves chocolate!!

Klyde...Kaleidoscope Korners’ Mascot…loves orange and bright colors, enjoys encouraging others creativity, loves thrift stores and garage sales!

Emily...Sweet as cotton candy, cant help but love pink and anything that has pink in it, dreams of cotton candy clouds.

Joy...As in Pride & Joy…carries her rainbow colors with pride and supports love & acceptance to everyone!

Patrick...Born and raised in Imogene, IA…knows what a Blarney Bowl is and loves hunting for 4 leaf clovers.


These wonderful little guys and dolls will be available in minutes at my shop.
**Special Unveiling Sale**
Get two Kids for $10!!!
Stock up now for Christmas and gifts;).

4 comments:

Mannie Vincent said...

AWWWW these are too cuteeeeee! I love them!!

TiLT said...

So cute - and to have done it together - awesome!
I didn't go look yet - but you should have a bit of that story in the description...who could resist?

Tree said...

These are adorable. I have been waiting patiently for their unveiling.Too cute and very original.

Mannie Vincent said...

You've been tagged, Nikki!

http://manniemandiblenews.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html