Monday, September 15, 2008

A day without the Dew...





First blog, first day without my lovely MtDew. Mmmmm how I adore that green can containing my energy liquid. With three children and opening up a new shop (KaleidoscopeKorner.etsy.com (forgive my shameless plug)), I have become dependant upon this flowing river of energy. There have been days when I know Ive emptied over a six pack all by myself. As gas prices rise and the economy drastically drops, I realize that my addiction is costing me more than I can afford. So, today is the day! Coffee cup within three inches of my left hand as I type...I will give up the can but, I can not give up the caffeine. It has me hooked...to think that nicotine(apparently harder to kick than heroine) was easier for me than this! What is in this green can? I can only hope that this will fatten my coin purse and my thighs will dwindle away and this alone will be enough to keep me away from that beautiful shiny green can. My body is telling me to slow down, not to divulge too much info but, Ive had enough UTIs to prove to myself that whatever is in the green can is not good for my system. So, it begins today...I can only hope that my Hyde personality is calm and hidden during this process. I raise my mug to say "Here's to the day without Dew! May God be with me now."

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh that is a hard habit to break. I did it a couple of times. I still NEED it in the summer. There is something in it that keeps me from passing out. I bought an 8 pack of bottles 2 weeks ago and have only drank 2. Go Me. LOL Any way drink orange juice too cause you will go through vitamin C withdrawals too. My dad used to make the stuff when I was little and got me hooked when I was like 6 I am almost 36 so for me it was an almost 30 year addiction. If you need someone to talk to drop me a line.

Art By MAR said...

I have to have the caffeine too. I am a serious coffee addict. I get horrible headaches that even motrin will not cure if I don't get my coffee. Best of luck to you, and have fun blogging!

Sandra Williams said...

I've never heard anybody addicted to Mountain Dew! Now, I have two friends addicted to Diet Coke...Literally addicted!

Take small steps...see if each day you can go a little bit longer in between drinks. Good Luck!!

Tree said...

Hey Girl,
This is your buddy at BELLADONNA10.etsy.com
It's not the caffeine, I'm worried about for you--you can get caffeine from other sources, it's the sodium benzoate that usually acts as a preservative in soda pop.Sodium benzoate breaks down the your "DNA" strands and causes major health problems by weakening your immune system. I am a mom of 8--, I used to smoke also in between pregnancies, I gave that up about 5 years ago and then my husband quit smoking almost 2 years ago. Quitting smoking IS hard and good thing you did that!! I know you can do this, too. It will be better for you and your kids in the long run. Come visit me at rognme.blogspot
Just say "NO GREEN" unless it's Kombucha Tea--Now THAT's a natural pick-me-up!

The Ebon Swan said...

Ah, a day without Dew. I personally have not kicked the caffeine habit (my coffee would ask for alimony), but I did give up sugared soda a couple of years ago when I was pregnant with my son three years ago. I had a grandfather who worked for Pepsi, so unfortunately my habit started early. ;)